Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Panic Attack!

Times of India (TOI) normally arrives late in our area, hence most of the time, I do not get to read the fresh copy of it. When I return back home, my time goes in playing with kid . But sometimes like today, I get opportunity to glance at the copy of TOI.

Today I found some good articles, some of which I would like to discuss here. You might find it interesting too and I would be happy if anyone of you finds it useful and benefits from it.

First article I came across was about "Panic Attack". I won't be reprinting the whole article here but I would surely like to discuss about Panic Attack. In our day today life we pass through lots of emotions. Maybe of Joy, Sorrow, anxiety etc.

I came across such situation one year back. It was half passed midnight in the month of November, suddenly I woke up from my sleep, I was unable to breathe and my heart started to beat fast. My hands went numb and I felt as if my soul has left my body. I gathered some strength and forced myself to come out the situation. It was really tense moment for me. This again happened to me after few days, I felt this many times again. When I talked to my family doctor he diagnosed me with panic attack. However since I was not passing through any stress or tension he declared that it might be result of some subconcious thoughts going on in my mind. However through meditation and disciplined lifestyle I was able to recover.

Panic Attack is increasing in today's stress filled world. How will you identify if you are suffering from panic attack. Most general symptoms I can say are as follows:
  • Heart pounds
  • Mouth goes dry
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Head becomes too heavy
  • A sense of impending doom prevails

These could be sign of some other illnes too, hence its necessary to go to your doctor and get yourself checked.

Normally Panic attacks can be triggered in Closed spaces, Planes or Social Situations.
Doctor will help you identify the cause of the panic attack.

No comments: